Wednesday, November 3, 2010

My Mom's Famous Cooking

It is hard to eat out when your mom is well known for her cooking and you were brought up tasting good food.

For starters, I remember feasting on saucy dishes during lunch on weekends - Kare Kare, Mechado, Kaldereta, Afritada, Menudo, Adobo, etc. - with so much gusto.













Fact is, the dish is yummier if it is reheated several times already. If we have fried fish on the table, then there must be vegetables too - Chop Suey; Pinakbet; Guinataang Laing, Langka or Sitaw at Kalabasa; Guinisang Sayote, Repolyo or Baguio Beans, ahhhh no wonder I got so fat... :)








During festive seasons, the usual entrée would include Morcon, Paella, Rellenong Bangus (Stuffed Milked Fish), Embutido, Barbeque, Grilled Pusit, Kare Kare (the family favorite), Sisig, Crispy Pata, Lechon Kawali (Macao), Sweet and Sour or Steamed Lapu Lapu. Although most of the time we don't have to plan the menu... we just have to go with the flow and prepare extra servings of what was ordered by friends and neighbours for their own party.


Ofcourse, her pansit (noodles) are superb that some times I'll skip my co-employees treat of Pansit Bihon, Canton, Sotanghon, Lomi, Palabok, Malabon or Luglog since it is always in the table for snack at home. Would you believe my co-employees would compare her Lasagna with those served in Italian Resto? I never tasted Spaghetti from fast food chains since my family recipe surpass them all... I want mine with boiled eggs aside from the cheese in it and I never forget the taste of my great grand aunt's which includes chicken on red sauce aside from the meat balls.

Then, there is her famous desserts like Ube Yam, Leche Flan, Brownies, Bibingka, Maja Blanca, Puto and the likes. Anyone who knows her had surely enjoyed a taste of her cooking prowess. All the foods she serves are guaranteed fresh from the oven and reasonably priced. So if you are having an occasion or just want to eat for no reason try our home cook dishes.

For inquiries call or text us at mobile numbers 09278366740; 09204244388 or 09324988928.

No comments:

Post a Comment